Indemnity vs Reimbursement LTCi
Indemnity vs Reimbursement Long Term Care Insurance Policies
This article explains the difference in Indemnity Vs Reimbursement long term care insurance policies, including:
- How traditional “reimbursement” long term care insurance policies pay benefits based upon the actual expenses you incur.
- How an “indemnity” long term care insurance policy pays a monthly cash benefit, regardless of the expense incurred.
- Why you should understand the differences of Indemnity Vs Reimbursement long term care insurance plans before you purchase a policy.
- How to get quotes that compare Indemnity & Reimbursement long term care insurance policies.
Note that your personalized LTCi quotes will reflect factors like age, health history, policy maximums, all applicable discounts and the specific long term care plans available in your state.
Click To Get Indemnity Long Term Care Insurance Quotes. We’ll give you quotes and comparisons for the leading indemnity LTC insurance providers in your state.
Traditional Reimbursement LTCi Plans
With a traditional reimbursement long term care plan you may have to submit care provider bills, be limited to the type of service you can be reimbursed for and the amount you can receive each day. Consider the following real life examples that can be affected by a reimbursement LTCi policy:
- What happens if you have a have a high home health care cost on a particular day that exceeds your policy’s Daily Maximum?
- What if you have a family member who wants to be your caregiver, or you need significant modifications to your home to allow you to stay there as long as possible?
To best understand how a reimbursement plan may negatively affect you in the future, ask the agent for a Specimen Policy of the reimbursement plan you’re considering. When received, go directly to the section covering Policy Exclusions. Then look closely at the exclusions on caregivers, facilities, medical equipment and even geographic limitations.
It’s impossible to know exactly what care you may need in the future. But if you know your Indemnity long term care insurance policy pays a monthly cash benefit, regardless of what you’re spending the money on, you may be better protected with that flexibility.
Indemnity Long Term Care Insurance Quotes
As specialists in long term care planning we constantly analyze the best offerings in the market. And this includes knowing which LTCi companies have indemnity plans and which have reimbursement. Indemnity long term care insurance plans are only available from a few select providers.
Complete the form on this page to request a no obligation indemnity long term care insurance quote and comparison specific to your situation.
Nationwide Insurance Company
The Nationwide Insurance Company long term care life insurance hybrid policy is one of our preferred policy’s. It includes a monthly indemnity cash benefit regardless of actual expenses incurred. Plus it includes several other outstanding benefits and features.
Long Term Care Life Insurance
Visit our Long Term Care Life Insurance hybrid page to learn more about this type of long term care protection.
Long Term Care Planning
When it comes to the rising cost of long term care, we can help you understand your options. Traditional health insurance does not cover most long term care. Medicare does not adequately cover the long term care costs many Americans face, namely Custodial Care. And, Medicaid may not cover you until many of your assets have been depleted.
Time is a consumer’s enemy when it comes to long term care planning. A future change in health could limit your options. The time to plan is now!